Week 8 is mostly about the test. In the Thursday lecture we will recall the important points about adaptive quadrature and begin with an introduction to the third part of this course: initial value problems (IVP) for ordinary differential equations (ODE). The tutorial session will discuss the midterm test and problem sheet number 6.
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of the week you should be able to:
- explain the idea of adaptive Quadrature and its benefits and drawbacks
- derive some examples of ordinary differential equations, such as the predator-prey model
Tasks and Materials
- Lecture 14 is available on the Lectures page.
- The sixth problem sheet is available and will be discussed this week, please have a look at it before class! Solutions to the previous problem sheet have been provided.
- The solution sheet to the midterm test will be made available.