In Week 7 we will conclude our study of Numerical Integration by looking at adaptive quadrature, and discuss various ways in which one can deal with integrals over unbounded intervals or of functions with singularities. Due to midterm test revision, there will be only one lecture class.
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of the week you should be able to:
- explain the idea of adaptive Quadrature and its benefits and drawbacks
- evaluate numerically integrals over unbounded domains and of functions with singularities
Tasks and Materials
- Lecture 13 is available on the Lectures page.
- The sixth problem sheet is available and will be discussed this week, please have a look at it before class! Solutions to the previous problem sheet have been provided.
- Information on the midterm test is provided, including a list of important topics and problems. There is also a mock midterm test for you to practice!